What can Artists in Schools do for me?
For you, Artists in Schools will:
- help you develop your ideas
- help you put together a workshop plan
- help you find the right artist (or artists)
- help you prepare a detail budget
- take care of the administration of all the contracts and workshop paperwork.
In short, we know you are unbelievably busy, and so why not let us take the strain out of organizing your art workshop, project or event!
What is Artists in Schools?
Artists in Schools provides schools with an easily accessible register of artists, who are willing and able to provide high-quality workshops to students. It offers all key stages the opportunity to work with some of the best artists from across your region, working in a wide range of artistic fields.
The National Curriculum places a high priority on introducing children to artists and their art forms from an early age. The mission of Artists in Schools is to provide a simple, practical and collaborative approach to these requirements, enabling more students to enjoy the facility of an artist in their school, while developing innovative and creative arts, craft and design work.
Artists in Schools can tailor workshops to suit individual requirements; whether you’re looking for a one day workshop, a week-long project or a much longer-term residency scheme, Artists in Schools can help.
What do our customers say about us!
How does Artists in Schools work?
You can use this web site to browse our database of artists and workshops. Then contact us via e-mail: or by telephone on 0845 004 2708.
After discussing your initial ideas with you, Artists in Schools will prepare draft workshop proposals for you to choose from or suggest adaptations. We will then confirm the arrangements including artist, dates, times, materials and finances and organise the workshop for the agreed date.
What can Artists in Schools offer?
Artists in Schools has developed an extensive register of artists wishing to work seriously within an educational environment. All artists on the register have been specifically selected for their ability to provide and tutor innovative quality workshops and all have supplied references. They are used to working with a variety of age groups, including CPD training, and INSET workshop days for teachers.
Our specialists include glass artists, multimedia artists, music/theatre artists, painters, photographers/animators, potters and ceramicists, printmakers, puppeteers, sculptors and textile artists.
Artists in Schools is adept at organising tailor made workshops specifically targeted to suit the needs of your group in terms of subject matter, materials, hours, finance and interests. Artists in Schools can help you at all key stages with programmes of study and attainment targets.
Why do you want an artist in your school?
- The National Curriculum programmes of study states:
- An artist in your school will help students develop skills for investigating and making, and knowledge and understanding.
- An artist in your school will offer your students the chance to experience different approaches to art, craft and design, working in groups, classes or individually.
- An artist in your school will help students to develop visual perception and literacy.
- An artist in your school will encourage students to experiment with alternative materials, tools and techniques, whilst remaining in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, an artist in your school will enable students to be introduced to artists, craftspeople and designers, thereby developing their appreciation of the richness of our diverse cultural heritage.
Return to home page: